Saturday 9 June 2012

Moments Lost Moments Gained

Continuing to present my work on this blog, I am introducing a friend, a person who felt peer pressure to identify himself initially as female to male person and later started defining himself as a 'trans person', one who has shifted from the established constructs of gender. He has excellent power to convert a tense situation into a comic relief. He has come up with powerful scripts for plays and writes poems in Tamil. I have tried my level best to translate two of his poems here and present to you. He is also a very good actor. He is also a dedicated activist working for the rights of Lesbian, Bisexual women and female to male trans persons specifically and other sexual and gender minorities.    

Dream Times

When my girl comes to me, my youth gains spring
In the prison of love, we exchange our hearts in the season of youth
Each word that drops out of my lover’s lips turns to be golden times
Years and years passed by,
When it passed by and I looked back
My girl, far away, further away looked like dark dot  


Memories that refuse to fade away
Still cannot forget her blooming face,
Still cannot forget her beautiful smile,
Still cannot forget her innocence,
Still cannot forget her love,
Still cannot forget the happiness we shared,
Still cannot forget those Oodal (Coy  anger),
Still cannot forget those Konjal (Coyness)
Still cannot forget those Kenjal (Pleading)
Still cannot forget her tears
Still cannot forget the pain of betrayal
All that she gave me, she forced me to experience,
Those moments that I lost,
Comes back to me as a memory of fretful moments. 

I personally share a strong bond with him and I have known his struggle ever since we met. I wish lots of luck, peace, and best of life for him.  


1 comment: