Friday 22 June 2012

Where Do I Belong To???

I think personally everyone of us are into this endless search of "where do I belong to". When Vit (my friend whose name i cannot give so I am calling her Vit), shared this all three of us Sumathi who is helping me, Neethu our camera person and me felt we just visited our lives back. What struck us was the run from the village to the city and losing hair for the sake of the honor. While many of us female born people carry our honor in our vaginas, male born people actually carry it all around, especially hair length.

Hair length disturbs me terribly when it is of male born people. Kumari our dearest friend and close friend of Vit was murdered due to hair length. She spoke to me a day before her murder on 8th November 2010. She said she is unable to take the violence by her family and so she wanted to shift with me into my house. I was extremely happy that Kumari was coming into our house and our lives and so there will be an anchor for our lives, me and Sumathi. Suddenly in the night she called and said she would come on 8th morning, though I was arguing that she had to come the same night for if the family is violent anything could happen. And so it happened. She was killed. It could not even become a case of murder as it was portrayed as a suicide.This death affected many of us for the sense of understanding honor and sense of belonging.

No comments:

Post a Comment